Monday, September 10, 2012

A little window makeover

Some fabric to match the paint I have picked out, a can of spray glue and my trusty glue gun. All I needed to turn those boring white roller shades into something much more interesting. Super easy one day project to put a smile on my face. All I did was measure the width of the shade and cut the fabric 2 inches larger than that measurement so I had enough for overlap. Then I rolled up the fabric and laid it in place and sprayed the glue as I unrolled it onto the shade. Last I flipped the whole thing over and used a hot glue gun to secure the overlap on the back. Before you know it your ready to hang it back up. A nice little valance will cover the top and window redo complete!!!! 1 down 2 more to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you noticed the need for a makeover and used your creative skills. Plain over plain is quite unappealing. Are you planning to apply the same design to the 2 other valances? I think it would be fine. No matter what you opt to do with them, don’t let the design interfere with function. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! it is always great to hear your thoughts. Have a fabulous day!!